Nelsonville Quilt Company
52 W. Washington St
Nelsonville, OH 45764
Price List & Instructions:
Charges for quilting are figured by the square inch. Measure the quilt and multiply the length by the width to obtain total square inches. Then multiply square inches by the desired quilting technique.
Large meandering only $0.01250/ sq inch
Small Meandering – free hand design $0.0150/ sq inch
Meandering plus custom (borders) $0.0150-0.0250/ sq inch
Custom quilting-to be discuss with customer (includes Statler) $0.0165-0.0450 sq inch
Basting Only (for those desiring to hand quilt) $0.005 sq/inch
Binding attached by machine to front of top $1.00/linear foot.
Binding attached by machine and hand sew $1.80/linear foot
Minimum Charge - Basic quilting- $40.00
Extra charges for services such as piecing the back, thread color changes, specialty threads, remounting the quilt, necessary pressing and cutting the binding.
*All charges are at the discretion of the quilter and will be discussed in advance with the customer.
Instructions for preparing the quilt:
- Both backing and batting should be 3”- 4” larger than the top on all sides.
- Quilt top should be pressed with seams pressed as you stitch.
- If providing the backing, marked “right side” if there is a side preferred.
- Remove as many stray threads as possible.
- Top and back of quilt should be “squared up” as best as possible.
- Remove selvages if backing is pieced.
- Be cautious of “wavy” borders -- they will create puckers. If in doubt, ask for more info.
Cotton, polyester or a blend batting by Quilter’s Dream and bleach or unbleached muslin is available. We also have several 108” wide color backings, please call ahead for availability and prices.